Sustaining Grants Portfolio:
As part of our overall grantmaking strategy, we maintain a portfolio of small-scale, multi-year grants to help sustain proven and ongoing networks, programs and events that are squarely aligned with our mission. These grants, which typically range between $1,500 - $5,000 per year for three years, are proactively awarded based on our deep knowledge of Vermont's programming and event landscape.
These grants do not require formal proposals or grant reports. In lieu of formal reporting, partners in our sustaining grants portfolio are encouraged to occasionally share observations, insights, and annual reports with Foundation staff as might be helpful for the Foundation's learning.
Programs of interest include:
- Programs that promote equity within Vermont's public education systems.
- Programs that support the postsecondary planning and career development progression of middle- and high-school students, especially those from low-income backgrounds and those who have been historically marginalized.
- Programs that assist Vermont students in the successful transition to education and training beyond high school. The Foundation will prioritize programs with the following components: cohort-building, high-quality mentorship, financial literacy, SEL/life-skills building, and improved student awareness of evidence-based support resources including guided career pathways.
- Programs that demonstrably improve on-ramps to education, training, and employment for Vermont veterans.
- Networks, events, or media coverage that builds inter-sector understanding and relationships and/or grows awareness of postsecondary pathways.